How that happened, I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to a little bit easier schedule this year. Jonny will start driving in October, I don't have a middle schooler nor a half-day kindergartner. I'm sad the summer is at a close, mostly because I don't feel like we got enough family time. The kids and I were busy with activities that took us away from the house. The sad thing is Jonny and Maren will be gone from the house before we know it.
The highlights of the summer were: (I promise to post pictures later)
1. Our trip to Idaho over the 4th of July
a. We ran in the Mickelsen 5K race
b. We had a Willmore and Andersen reunion (Jonny dunked Elder Scott in the dunk tank)
b. Jonny received his Eagle
2. We went on a work trip on the Waterboats- lots of fun!
3. Lots of hours spent in the garden: our favorites were the cantaloupe, the squash, potatoes, tomatoes, and corn. (We still have lots left)
4. Jonny attended scout camp down in California and Maren attended girl's camp at Camp Estherapplegate
5. Ken took the boys to the coast the last weekend in July (I think the favorite activity was golfing with dad).
6. Ken and I went on an Alaskan cruise the first week of August for a cardiology conference. Brianna Houck stayed with the kids. It was a wonderful trip and an incredible place!
7. We had a mini-Lightheart reunion at our house the middle of August. We went to the beach, to the park, to the waterslides, to the movies, to the fun center, etc. It was great having the family here and seeing the teenagers hang out.
8. Jonny and Maren attended band camp at school the last week of August. I'm excited to see them at the football games in their cute marching band outfits!
9. The girls and I went to Richland, Washington for Jake and Chelsea's wedding. Jake is my brother, Don's oldest son. It was a great trip. We love Jake and Chelsea!
10. The kids started school today, September 8th. Emily even started preschool today - WOW - I have 5 hours a week without any kids - how did that happen?
I hope to get the pictures posted soon and also post my reviews from all the books we read over the summer - my favorites were Hunger Games, Wednesday Wars, and Savvy :).
Jesus Christ is A Miracle
10 years ago



2 comments:
Hello Lighthearts....I am wondering if they can find a band uniform small enough for Maren. I recognized all your yearly events, they need be recorded.. later/love gm/m
What a wonderfully fun Summer Vaca. So exciting. I miss hearing about family stuff. Someday soon.
Post a Comment