Okay, I know it has been a while. So here go a few updates - just from our last week:
Scotty's Stitches: Scotty got hit in the head at recess on Friday. He's not quite sure what happened because he remembers getting hit, but it didn't hurt much so he kept playing. He didn't know about it until he came in for recess and got sent to the office. The cut was pretty big. It was about 2 inches long and deep enough that it needed internal and outside stitches - a total of 9 stitches. I'd post a picture, but it's kind of gross! Scotty is proud of his stitches and repeats that he was told that he was stronger than a sixth grader! I'd send a picture of his head, but it's kind of gross.
Jonny's Accident: Jonny and Maren were on their way home from school on Thursday and a 16-year-old girl that had just got her license pulled out in front of him. He didn't have any time to stop. The police were there and cited the other girl. I felt so bad for her. The kids are doing well. The airbags deployed on both cars and they will probably will both be totaled. Jonny's arm got a little beat up from the airbag and Maren's chest hurt from it, but they are both doing great now. Maren even competed in her meet yesterday. It was definitely a learning experience.
Maren's Floor Routine Maren is the in the middle of gymnastics season. This is her first season as a Level 8. She is loving it. She's doing great. She has had four meets so far and has about 4 left (depending on whether she will compete at state or regionals - they are both scheduled for Sunday right now). This is her floor routine. She is fun to watch. (So I'm having a hard time uploading the video - I'm going to try and do it in two sections)
Anna and Brian Karate Testing: So in the middle of all this, Brian and Anna had their Karate testing on Friday. They did great. Brian is now a brown belt and Anna an orange belt. Here are some clips of their testing. The instructor asked Anna do to her front kick again - she was all worried that she did it wrong, but it was because he wanted to show how high she could kick. Brian has improved SO MUCH. It's fun to see him "getting it".
Jesus Christ is A Miracle
10 years ago



2 comments:
WOW!! Quite the week for you! Thank you again for coming out to the fudnraiser! It was so nice to see everyone! :)
Hi Janet,
Just saw the little link for your blog on Cheri's blog, so I had to come over and say Hi. Thanks for the Christmas card... didn't quite get mine done this year. Your kids look fabulous - so grown up AND so talented. You must be one busy lady!! Matthew will get his learner's permit in a few weeks and I'm totally dreading it. I'm glad your kids are okay! Have a great day,
Melissa
Post a Comment